.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

I have a very unhealthy obsession with football kits. This is why, six months ago I designed a football kit for the Democratic Republic of Congo and sent it to them. They hadn't asked me to do it, I just felt that as their country had adopted a new flag it was about time they updated their kit. DR Congo's new flag is blue with a yellow and red sash across it, therefore I copied that idea and submitted the kit.

Last week DR Congo released their new kit (made by Puma). It doesn't quite have the diagonal sash I wanted but it definitely incorporates some of the ideas I suggested in my email. I'm not deluded enough to believe it was me who swayed the DR Congo FA's mind on this issue, I'm just glad they have made a kit that mirrors their flag.

What is also very nice to see in the kit is the Leopard badge that was made so famous by Zaire (DR Congo's previous name) in the World Cup of 1974 - the first 'black African' side to qualify for a World Cup Finals.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lua-Lua and Nonda lining up in that kit in the African Cup of Nations at the start of next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home